Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Cocolate Cake in a Cup


Has anyone tried the Chocolate Cake in a Cup recipe circulating at the moment? I've tried making it twice now and, I don't know, but it seemed a bit dry and was really enough for about 4 mugs. Neither myself or my daughter managed to eat the whole mug of cake - and Amelia is a real chocoholic! It was nice with ice cream, but when the ice cream ran out it was very dry.

If you'd like to try it, the recipe I used was :
4 Tablespoons flour
4 Tablespoons sugar
2 Tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 Tablespoons milk
3 Tablespoons oil
3 Tablespoons choc chips (optional)
Splash vanilla extract
1 Large coffee mug (I needed 2 - 3 mugs!)

Add dry ingredients to mug, mix well. Add egg. Mix. Pour in milk and oil and mix well. Add choc chips if using.
Put mug in microwave and cook for 3 min at 1000 watts.
* I used Australian/English tablespoon measurement equalling 4 teaspoons.
I also used self-raising flour, when maybe I should have used plain flour.

What do you think?
I'd be interested to hear how yours turned out or any other recipes for a similar/the same thing if you have them.
Enjoy,
Ann.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy - make a comment! You've made my day ♥