Friday, July 6, 2012

Tiny "It's a Hoot" Scrap Quilt

This is the first time I've used Blogger for Mobile App and I'm not sure how it will turn out.
I put together all these little 2 1/2 inch squares left over from a lovely quilt I made from an "It's a Hoot" layer cake and jelly roll ages ago. They've been gathering dust on my sewing bench for a while. I think they'll look really cute as a cushion cover, don't you?



















I've been slowly working on a Cat in the Hat Raggy quilt and just got the appliqués on this morning. For such a simple little thing it's taken a really long time!
All the squares are in a bag ready to take into the shop today and hopefully sew together.





























I feel quite inspired, but as usual time poor, after my recent trip to Canberra where I visited lots of arty crafty places. One of them was "Shop Handmade". Gorgeous things in there!
I bought a hand printed cushion cover by FormosaDesign, some Denise Schmidt Flea Market Fancy fat q's from Fresh Fabrics Aust (they have an etsy store and wonderful service too), a gingerbread biscuit and of course, some handmade Belgian chocolate hearts. Highly recommended!


Denise Schmidt Flea Market Fancy
I'm hoping this post all looks ok, but I've got to dash now and get ready to open the shop.
Have a great weekend,
♥ Ann.

1 comment:

  1. The quilt and post look awesome! I also have the blogger for mobile app, and I use it all the time, since I am on the go a lot. I can't wait to see your other creations!

    Courty

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy - make a comment! You've made my day ♥