Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Little Owls Quilt

One of my favourite recent Moda fabric collections was Ten Little Things with four different colours of little owls in it. I couldn't choose between them and ended up buying all four for the shop.
They were all equally popular, and suddenly all four sold out...before I'd even made anything with some!
I had one fat quarter of the yellow one left, so I snaffled it, plus a strip left from the end of the roll. Just enough for some little quilty thing... My Little Owls Quilt.
With a collection of coordinating Bella Solids and a scribbley black and white in tow, I cut 3 inch squares trying to get as many owls as possible. I did make a little cutting mistake so some of the squares had to be joined - being the red and scribbley fabrics, they couldn't be left out! I ended up with about 200 squares, and here's what I did with them:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy - make a comment! You've made my day ♥