Wednesday, March 18, 2009

French Braid Workshop At Maleny Magic Patchwork and Quilts

I love teaching and these are the first class photos to appear on my blog. I especially love the sense of achievement and pleasure the participants get when the play with fabric and colour to make a quilt. I taught a lovely French Braid workshop at Maleny Magic Patchwork and Quilts recently. I have another class scheduled at QuiltEssentials in April. Check out my website classes page for in image of my French Braid and class schedule on my classes page.
Here are some of the ladies with their quilts, from my French Braid. They each made a quilt that reflected their personality and requirements. Sue, above, as recently acquired a beach house and chose blues and sandy to chocolate tones for her quilt which is destined for the beach house bed.

Barbara used a gorgeous Faffe Fassett full blown rose print in rich blues, purples and greens as the feature in her purple and green based quilt. Her husband is painting the bedroom to match the quilt now!
Wow! Helen pushed all the boundaries with her vibrant Kaffe Fassett combination using the bold and beautiful "umbrella" print to set her braids against. We found just the right orange (my personal favourite colour) to separate the braids.
I love the way she matched her quilt! Actually, if you take another look at the photos, you'll see how all the makers coordinate with their quilts! It just shows how each individual's expression of creativity runs as a consistent thread through our lives.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Don't be shy - make a comment! You've made my day ♥