Sunday, March 15, 2009

Serendipity and A Baby Quilt!

I've just finished a little baby quilt for my sister's new baby girl! My sister lives in PNG with her husband and recently they adopted a little baby girl - two weeks ago! She is my first niece and I'll be meeting her when I go up to Port Moresby next month. It's very exciting.
But I had to make a quilt and I used the sweet Beatrix Potter Peter Rabbit range of fabrics as the starting point, combining the squares with a few of the lovely Moda fabrics from my stock. Of course, I used my hypoallergenic Bamboo wadding , ideal for children's quilts, too. I trimmed some of the blocks with some lovely vintage rick rack I found at a garage sale. Serendipity! It all worked out...
At the same time I was also making a quilt with Pacific Island prints and the fabric scraps from that serendipitously found their way onto the folded baby quilt. I thought the combination works really well so I've made a little bundle to sew together later... we'll see... sometimes those coincidental combinations are the most inspiring and work out best!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy - make a comment! You've made my day ♥