Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My Red Posies Quilt

This is my Red Posies Quilt. As you may know, I teach some classes at QuiltEssentials in Brisbane. They've had a cute four-patch kaleidoscope quilt there that I admire every time I see it. A month or so ago, i went in and there was a new, larger quilt hanging from the ceiling. I just had to make one of these! I purchased the pattern by H.D. Designs (rare for me to make someone else's design...) and started the quilt.
I was already planning to use this red background Beach House floral, below, for a new quilt specifically for my bedroom.


My walls are white with black gloss window trims, and my bed is black iron. I have one feature wall painted a deep Egyptian Red. So I wanted to team the red floral with black. It took a while, but I settled on a black with a small floral print from the Legacy range. You can see the quilt in progress below (and also the sample block from the Sharon Schamber class I haven't posted yet!) The sashing is a red ticking design, again from Beach House.


I love the way each little block is slightly different depending on where the squares are cut in the repeat of the print. There are two I particularly like below.



I will be holding workshops in this quilt, so watch out for it in my Class Schedule, soon to appear in my Blog sidebar!



I am now in in the process of adding borders (which are pretty much along the same red fabric lines), so stay tuned for the finished quilt top. It's all a bit red, but I think it will work.
Ann.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy - make a comment! You've made my day ♥