Saturday, May 30, 2009

Sunday Morning After the Show.

Well, it's Sunday. We had a long weekend in Maleny due to the Caloundra Agricultural Show being held here at our rustic showgrounds. I took the shot below on Thursday night before the Show. It was all so quiet and clean, the air so crisp in anticipation of the few days of activity ahead.


I judged the Cotton Creations - garments made, sometimes designed and modelled by young people from age 7 to about 16. As usual I was absolutely blown away by the skill and imagination of the kids. That for me entailed examining the clothes on Thursday afternoon then attending the Wine and Cheese Evening and fashion parade later that night. We were treated to all sorts of cheeses and dairy products as well as wines from the local area. All the winners of the Dairy Sections recieved their prizes on the stage, with the backdrop of Linda's lovely quilt and some classic Australiana.

The kids strutted their stuff across the stage which was made festive by two gorgeous quilts entered in the Show by students in my classes.

If anyone had ever told me I would be here in this place in my life, I would have just laughed in disbelief!
Friday is the big Show Day here and I went down with my daughter and her friend to mill around with the crowds. Actually, it was a quiet day with me have coffee and a wine- tasting with my friends and Amelia exploring side show alley with hers. Unfortunately I forgot my camera so you don't get to see the impressive line-up of cattle ready for the Grand Parade, that welcomed me in! Or the Rides, side shows or anything else. I took some photos on my phone but they weren't so good.
I came home and met with a friend and student who showed me some of her finished quilts. Absolutely beautiful, and she's donating two of them to the Bushfire Survivors. I was very impressed. Below you can see Sonya with her Fast Fat Quarter Quilt, from my class, and lower she's holding up a beautiful oriental hexagon quilt.


Posted by Picasa
Later that day, my daughter developed a nasty cold and has been snuffling and flopping about all weekend... so I missed Collectorama ( fantastic collectibles market where I get old embroideries etc) and the Textile Show in Brisbane.
Oh well... I got to do the vacuuming and a load of washing which just started its spin cycle as the rain came down! So I sat down at my computer and wrote this post.
Hope you're all having a good weekend,
Ann.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy - make a comment! You've made my day ♥