Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Quilts for Christmas


The quilts revealed!
Happy New year to you all and may 2010 be a wonderful, prosperous, fun and fulfilling year!
Our family spent the Christmas - New Year break in an amazing Queensland style house backing onto The Noosa River and only 5 minutes walk into Noosa Heads. It was lovely.
The quilts I gave for Christmas were very much appreciated and I had to take some nature shots of them on the jetty at our holiday house. The day I took these was a king tide and I only just managed to rescue the quilts from a wave rolling over the spot where the quilts were posed!
How more satisfied can a quilt maker be than when her teenage daughter loves the quilt she's received? I made this one for Amelia from 4 Moda Charm Packs, each from a different range. I used Verna, Rouenneries, Rural Jardin and Blush.
It was amazing how the serendipitous selection turned into this pretty, subtle little quilt. It's the perfect accessory for the sun and sea bleached beauty of my daughter, and the soft weathered boards below.
Even at 14 months, Eva was overjoyed with her "I Spy"/ "Very Hungry Caterpillar "quillow! She got comfortable on it and started pointing as soon as it was unwrapped.
Here she is just ruminating on all the different things she can see. Look at those little feet! She spent many moments quietly gazing and pointing in her cot, pre-sleep. It's such a simple quilt (I posted about a similar one just a few weeks ago) but the kids love it.
Looking forward to another year posting,
Ann.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. just lovely, I gave two quilts away for christmas it wasn't planned but my vistiors loved them so they got to take them home.

    cheers
    Christine

    Hope you have a great 2010

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy - make a comment! You've made my day ♥