Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Memories


Remember I told you about the quilt I bought from the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative, "Alzheimer's: Forgetting Piece by Piece"? It arrived today! The idea was that the quilts were the size of a USPS flat cardboard priority mailer without folding. When my daughter brought it up the drive and told her it was my quilt, she said in disbelief, "That's not big enough to be a quilt!"
But when I opened the package and there it was... It was so exciting! The quilt, called Memories, by Victoria Findlay Wolfe, at Bumble Beans blog, is exquisite. The applique is hand done using invisible stitches, and the quilting dots all over the piece. It's really lovely.
Thank you V!
xoxo Ann
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. All the way down under my little quilt went! What a journey! I'm so glad you got it. That little quilt just felt like "HOME" to me, some of my favorite colors in my house... Thanks for Contributing to the cause... Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy - make a comment! You've made my day ♥