Thursday, October 14, 2010

Solomon Islands

We've been to the Solomon Islands!
It was truly a tropical getaway with beautiful beaches, incredible water and colours, lots of fun and family. I didn't even look at fabric... I tell a lie! I did buy some cute rickrack and a couple of pieces of SI printed fabrics in shades of blue.
We went to the largest ocean lagoon on earth and you can see what the water was like. Coral, fish, WWII plane wrecks, wonderful carving and amazing rainforest right down to beaches.
This village is on a volcanic island with bubbling hot springs, friendly local people and dolphins swimming close to shore. When we arrived, we were greeted with fresh young coconuts to drink and eat the flesh of when we'd finished. Cut open, I thought it looked a bit like a bustier.

Unfortunately, my camera broke while we were there so I don't have any uploads for posts on my latest work. I'm making a new quilt and feel very refreshed a inspired after our break.
I want to add some more photos to this so stay tuned.
xo xo Ann.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Awwww do we really have to look at these pictures :)!!I feel like I need a holiday now :)LOL
    I imagine your next quilt will have a fabulous refreshed look!Welcome back Ann!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. your works are wonderful and I congratulate you and give you a prize.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Ann, I just feel so relaxed after looking at your pics. What a beautiful location. Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy - make a comment! You've made my day ♥