Sunday, March 6, 2011

Stained Glass Stack and Slash Workshop


We've started another workshop for the Stained Glass Stack and Slash quilt the weekend before last. It's at QuiltEssentials in Brisbane and , as usual, everyone came along bright-eyed and bushy-tailed ready for a little quilting adventure.
I'm showing them all before and after slashing and sashing.
The colour/fabric themes varied, with a couple choosing the Oriental style fabrics and large opulent prints

a couple with Bali Batiks
and a couple with the modern Kaffe Collective fabrics.


It was good to see some interesting mixtures of fabric types
and one different coloured sashing. I really like the modern feel this sashing gives to the finished blocks - can't wait to see them finished. Apart from that, I've been working on my small French Sampler for beginners and finally finished the hand quilting

Apart from that, I've been working on my small French Sampler for beginners and finally finished the hand quilting and binding. I added some red rick rack to the final border and appliqued some hexagons onto the corner squares. I like the finished product, even if a bit lighter than my usual quilts - maybe I like it so much because it's a departure from the norm...
Here's Dolly trying it out before I put the binding on (unfortunately it's a bit blurry - but you get the idea...)
Keep inspired,
Ann ♥


1 comment:

  1. Looks like everyone had a great time at the class.
    Isn't it great when you teach classes and see all the different fabrics used.
    I love that.

    cheers
    Christine

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy - make a comment! You've made my day ♥