Thursday, June 9, 2011

Shaggy Quilt


Hi there. I didn't realize how long it's been since the last post about the I Spy quilts, this time I've got a Shaggy Quilt to show you.
I've been making this one for my niece's 12th birthday. It's a surprise and as they don't read this blog ( I think), they probably won't find out!
She likes purple so I decided to use predominantly purple fabrics, and you can see from the pics that there's a good smattering of the usual suspects - Sarah Fielke, Prints Charming, Saffron Craig, Art Gallery Fabrics and plenty of Moda!
I really enjoyed making this one, right up to cutting the fringing. My scissors were squeaking by the end! I really recommend the spring loaded type, but I was too impatient to wait to get some of those.
I used a beautiful Moda flannel for the back - so soft and warm for my little Papua New Guinean niece experiencing her first freezing winter in Canberra!
I made sure I included some lovely Pacific Island prints.

I used a Moda Bakeshop pattern which I loved because the squares are bigger (8 inches as opposed to 7) and less sewing. I criss-crossed each quilt sandwich block using a fancy stitch and variegated King Tut thread.
I like it and now I want to make another one for Amelia, and one for the shop too.
It's been freezing here, definitely winter...keep warm and have a lovely long weekend if you're in Australia,
Ann ♥


1 comment:

  1. A very nice quilt and very useful.
    I like the colors chosen and always admire your blog.
    Congratulations
    google translation

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy - make a comment! You've made my day ♥