Saturday, February 7, 2009

Down Under Quilts Profile and PNG Exhibition

Read about me in the February 2009 issue of Down under Quilts! This is what the cover of the magazine looks like . I was really flattered and excited when they invited me to be a profiled quilter.. Thank you DU Quilts!















This is the opening page of the article, featuring my daughter Amelia's sampler quilt and one of my Australian Indigenous inspired quilts, "The Fire Within". I've decided to include that one in my PNG exhibition, "Feelings of Place" featuring my African and ethnic inspired quilts. Most will be for sale, some are from private collections, and commissions are welcome.
The exhibition will be at the Ela Beach Hotel on 3rd and 4th April 2009. Tickets for the opening event on Friday night will be available. I will continue posting information as it comes to light.
To see these two quilts, and many of my others, visit my website and click on Quilts.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy - make a comment! You've made my day ♥