Friday, June 25, 2010

Show and Tell

I was looking through my photos yesterday and there were so many I realized I have not yet blogged about. So many activities, projects and ideas... so little time.
I felt I really must show you some recent work of friends and students. Firstly, here's Jill with her finished Lilly Pilly. I showed you some other photos of this one here. I love the aquas, greens and raspberries in this one and her individual border, too.
Jill hand quilted her quilt all over with leaves to echo the applique pieces. It looks wonderful - what a labour of love. Her daughter in England is a very lucky woman.
Yii Mei has been learning patchwork with me. She recently moved to the area and decided to take up the hobby and I think I'd be right in saying, it's become an obsession! This is her first quilt top completed. She's now learning how to machine quilt and doing a fantastic job. It's great welcoming new patch workers and quilters into the fold.
Finally, Sharon joined my French Braid class and brought in her finished quilt recently. She chose to use all Bali Batiks in these unusual autumn tones, and was rewarded with a beautiful result. She also hand quilted her quilt and it looks absolutely stunning and warm.

As for me, I've attended three local quilt shows as a stall holder last month, so most of my energy has gone into preparing for, and being at, them. I have started a couple of new quilts and I joined the Process Pledge - you'll see the button on my side bar. So I've got a few projects and ideas up my sleeve...
I've also upgraded my blog to a new blog design. I'm working on the pages feature, but time is always at a premium.
As the end of the financial year approaches, I've scheduled a 20% OFF SALE in my eBay Store, quiltopia!design. It starts around 5 PM today and finishes at 11:59PM Wednesday 30th June. (You can also visit quiltopia!design by clicking the button in my side bar.)
Why don't you drop by and grab a bargain if there's anything you fancy.
Happy stitching, dreaming, and shopping,
xo xo Ann.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy - make a comment! You've made my day ♥