Monday, May 9, 2011

Saffron Craig Large Field Quilt.


Here is the full, finished Large Field Quilt I made out of the Saffron Craig birds and trees fabrics and blogged about in the last post.
Close up, you can see the quilting and a bit of the back - love this 2 inch black and white stripe, and it shows up the quilting a treat!
I made up a couple of kits for the quilt - one using exactly the fabrics in the one I made, and the other with the Magical Lands collection.
Both will make up beautiful quilts. (Contact me if you would like to get one for the lovely price of $112!)
I used Leesa Chandler's pattern, Southern Jewels, thinking that the large fields of fabric would work well for Saffron's fabrics too.
Here it is in Leesa's Under the Australian Sun Fabrics that it was originally designed for. this quilt was made by Juliet and was one of the quilts hung in the Maleny Quota Quilt Show a couple of weekends ago.
I had a retail stand at the quilt show and it was really nice saying hello to everyone and looking at the quilts. There were some beauties there.
I want to share a few pics of finished quilts from some of the classes I've blogged about. It's so nice to see the end product of a workshop!The first ones were made in the Stained Glass Stack and Slash workshop
Christine's
Zita's
Val's
Jenny's - this was her first go at machine quilting, and what a star she turned out to be!
There were also a couple of French Braids:
Zita's
and let's finish with understated elegance,
Sue's.
Plenty more happening and ready to be blogged about.
Have a good week and happy stitching,
Ann ♥
(PS. 25% Mothers' Day Sale in my eBay Store ends Friday morning!)

1 comment:

  1. Yea! Love quilt show pictures! They're all beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy - make a comment! You've made my day ♥